Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Coffee Filter Pendant Light!

I stumbled upon Our Humble A(Bowe)d back in December and saw the post about Amanda's Coffee Filter Light.  I immediately knew I needed to try to make this beauty for my new house's entryway!

I stopped by World Market and picked up two chinese lanterns just in case the first one was a Craft Fail! I had a package of coffee filters and my glue gun and was ready to go!

Here were my supplies needed for the project -- notice the must have Diet Coke was included!  :)

Here it is just after starting! I worked from the bottom up and just went around and around and around and around!


Here it is about halfway done and at this point I had to run out to the grocery store to get more coffee filters because I ran out.


Finished product on counter top and then next to a vase with flowers in it, to give you an idea of the enormity of this baby!



Here is the finished product hanging in my entryway of my new home!  It looks fabulous and people comment on it every time they see it!  Sorry for the poor quality pictures.




I absolutely love it!  It was a true labor of love as I think it took me 5-6 hours to complete start to finish!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea Heather! Hah! So funny to know you are doing a blog too! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in love!!! I'm thinking about making three smaller ones for the corner of my living room! www.handmadebykelly.com

    ReplyDelete