Here is a project that I have been making for a few years now. I saw these for sale at a craft fair and thought to myself, "I can make that!" So, I set out to create my own wooden photo blocks. I use one in my kitchen to hold my grocery list. It can hold photos, lists, notes or even recipes! Here are a few of my favorites...
Stop over to my etsy shop hippity hoppity and check out the rest of the photo blocks along with some other cute stuff I've got going on!
So my latest project was inspired by She's Kinda Crafty and her ribbon wreath. Here is an up close picture of some of the ribbons I used.
This project took a TON of ribbon -- like 14 spools of ribbon -- and some tedious gluing time! In the end it was all worth it b/c I just love the result. I wish my pictures were better at showcasing how gorgeous it really is!
I moved into my new house back in early March. My living room in the new house allowed for more furniture compared to my last house, so I began the search for some chairs. I finally ended up doing a custom order through North Carolina Furniture Direct who has a great selection of fabrics for Flexsteel furniture. I took three samples home and instantly knew which one was the winner! I gorgeous floral design with aqua blue, darker aqua, brown, green/chartreuse, rust and cream. I moved my previous armchair to the corner by one window and the halfwall that separates my living room and dining room. Here is an upclose picture of the fabric, Laguna.
Here are some pics of the chairs in my living room. I pulled a small table I had in one of my guest bedrooms to place between the two chairs.
Thanks to my mom and her mad sewing skills, I have two cute little roll type pillows for my new chairs. She used the same fabric as some that was used for my kitchen/dining room curtains seen below. I need to take some new pics of my kitchen as I've now decorated above the cabinets.
This is going to be a long post as I have gotten a lot I accomplished the past couple of days!
First things first -- I FINALLY finished the other set of curtain panels by painting the chevron design. I'm smitten by them! Please forgive my terrible pictures as I take them with my iPhone.
The next project I tackled was covering this big black "S" I found for under $5 at a store a couple months back. I thought it would look super cute with some moss on it. I finally used a couple coupons at Michael's and bought some moss, so it was time to get busy!
Here is a picture of the moss covered letter half way done.
And here is the final product displayed on my foyer table. Not sure where it will find it's permanent home, but this will work for now!
The last project I completed today was a table redo. I stopped by the Goodwill store this past week to see if anything caught my eye. When in between a fireplace mantle and an exercise machine, this little table was stashed. I moved some things around and immediately knew this was mine to take home! At $5.99 how could I not?!?!
Here she is in all her cobwebby glory!
After some sanding, painting (I used Heirloom White by Rustoleum) and distressing here is this beauty!!!
Since I had success with my bedroom panels I decided to go ahead and go for it with the chevron design for my living room panels. My inspiration was from KFD Designs blog post here. The biggest change I made was to use masking tape (2 inches wide) instead of painters tape. The painters tape did not stick to the polyester fabric well at all. The masking tape worked beautifully! I was able to finish one set today. The first panel was a bit slow going with all the measuring and taping!
Here is what I started with - one 54x96 grommet panel in a mushroom khaki color.
Next up the tedious job of measuring and taping the chevron pattern.
The painted panel drying...
And now the finished product hanging in my living room from various perspectives. I've left the other set up that are not done yet because I wanted to see what it looked like with and without the chevron design. I just have to say I'm totally in love with the chevron! I think it adds just that little something! Now to get the two armless chairs I ordered and my living room will be complete! Here are the rest of the pictures...
I'm so glad I took the risk to paint the curtain panels!!! Now to get that second set of panels done!
It's been awhile since my last post, but now that the school year is over, I hope to be working on more projects and posting more!
I recently bought a new house and have been working on getting things put together. I'd had these panels from the start and made the short curtain rods out of some dowels and finials, then painted them black. I knew I wanted some shorter rods and could not find any that I liked, so with the help of my dad, we made some! I absolutely love the rods! I was thinking all along that I needed to do something with the charcoal gray panels, but hadn't quite figured out what to do until I saw these and fell in love with them! Since I wasn't sure how the project would turn out I decided to start with a border pattern on the two bedroom panels. And if that was successful I would try the chevron design on the four panels I have in my living room.
Warning about the pics -- the room looks much more yellow since I took these pics at night with the lamps on. The wall color is actually Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige.
Here's a pic of the curtains in the room before the painted border
Here is a pic of the panel laid out on a drop cloth in my living room. I taped the edges with painters tape and then started painting. There are a few spots where the tape did not adhere very well and the lines aren't clean, but nothing too major!
Next up is the panel all painted and drying.
Here are the finished product in the bedroom and I love how they turned out!