Monday, January 17, 2011

And so it begins...

Never thought I'd be the blogging type, but here I am, slowly creeping into the blog world!  I enjoy being creative and am excited about sharing projects, thoughts and other stuff along my journey here in blogland! 


Here was the project for today - Take two frames that had abstract art in them and transform them into something a little more feminine and inspirational.  Here are the before and after pics...




I removed the paper from the backs of the pictures and inserted two pieces of 12x12 scrapbooking paper. I left the original prints behind the scrapbook paper.  I replaced the backs and then got to brainstorming ways to pizazz these babies up.  I considered printing quotes on the paper, but then I would have to cut it to fit the printer and I didn't want to do that.  Then I remembered I'd received some great scrapbooking letters for Christmas.  I looked through the letters which had all sorts of designs and color combinations. These were perfect!  I punched out letters to spell grace and hope, did some rearranging of letters to find the layout I liked best and layed them out on top of the glass.  I then used some little puffy adhesive squares to attach them to the top of the glass - leaving the option to change them if I want to.  The picture does not do them justice as they are ADORABLE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Really great...you are off and blogging :)

    ReplyDelete