Since I had success with my bedroom panels I decided to go ahead and go for it with the chevron design for my living room panels. My inspiration was from KFD Designs blog post here. The biggest change I made was to use masking tape (2 inches wide) instead of painters tape. The painters tape did not stick to the polyester fabric well at all. The masking tape worked beautifully! I was able to finish one set today. The first panel was a bit slow going with all the measuring and taping!
Here is what I started with - one 54x96 grommet panel in a mushroom khaki color.
Next up the tedious job of measuring and taping the chevron pattern.
The painted panel drying...
And now the finished product hanging in my living room from various perspectives. I've left the other set up that are not done yet because I wanted to see what it looked like with and without the chevron design. I just have to say I'm totally in love with the chevron! I think it adds just that little something! Now to get the two armless chairs I ordered and my living room will be complete! Here are the rest of the pictures...
I'm so glad I took the risk to paint the curtain panels!!! Now to get that second set of panels done!
**UPDATE** Pic with both panels finished!